Bengal gram flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour -1/2 cup
Cabbage - 1 1/2 cup chopped
Onion - 1 med. chopped
Green chilies - 3-4
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 2tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Mix all the ingredients and make a sticky dough. Take the plastic sheet or a bag. Spread the 2-3 drops of water on it. and then take a dough .
2. Now lightly place the dough on the plastic bag. Use the fingertips to pat the dough -ball into flat pancake.
3. Make the hole in the center of the pancake.
4. Heat the pan and put some oil into it.
4. Now gently turn the thalipeeth upside down and put the thalipeeth into the preheated pan .
5. Put some water on 1 side and then put the lid.
6. let it cook for some time and then turn it. Thalipeeth is ready to serve.
Thalipeeth is the traditional Maharashtrian dish. It is the multi-grain pancake. Thali means plate and peeth means the dough. One can find ready-made mix for Thalipeeth in the market. I didn't have it, so I have used different flours available. One can use Ragi in this which is really nutritious, high fiber and high calcium source. Addition of dal -flour and cereal flour makes it good quality protein. Addition of Cabbage , onion provides the fiber. One can add palak, methi, or any possible veggies to it. It meets the requirements of the balanced dish. One can make it for a weekday dinner or a Sunday brunch.Its quick, easy and nutritious !!! Usually people love to eat it with the curd or raita and lahsun chutney.