mashed Potato - 1 cup
Fenugreek leaves - 1 bunch
green chilies - 3-4
garam masala - 11/2 tsp
Onion - 1 med.
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Bengal gram flour - 1 cup
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
oil - 1 Tbsp
1. Knead the dough by adding wheat flour, Bengal gram flour,salt, pepper and 1 tsp oil.
2. Chop onions and green chilies. Put oil in a pan and then saute chopped onions , green chilies,fenugreek leaves, garam masala, salt.
3. Add mashed potatoes to the mixture.
4. Divide the dough into small round portions and roll it. Then add the stuffing to it. and then again roll the paratha.
5. Roast the paratha and then add some oil .
6. serve with raita or salad.
Addition of bengal gram flour to the wheat flour, makes it complete protein. addition of methi and onions add fibre to it.Fenugreek is the cleansing and soothing herb which also has mild laxative properties. When we eat these parathas with curd or raita it makes a complete meal as it meets all the food groups.