1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1tsp Melted butter
1 tsp Olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoons ground pepper
2 teaspoons chilli sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds medium shrimp
1/2 medium chopped onion
1 lemons, thinly sliced
1. Mix Worcestershire sauce,lemon juice,ground pepper,chilli sauce,salt and cajun seasoning together in a bowl and add shrimp to it.
2. Add butter and olive oil in the pan and then add chopped garlic, chopped onion to it and saute.
3. Add obove mixture into the pan and again saute.
4. After 2-3 minutes take caonstarch in a different bowl and cold water to it and mix well. Then put this mixture in the pan.
5. Cook it for 5-10 mins. Fiery Cajun shrimp is ready to serve.
This recipe turned out to be awesome than I expected. This goes excellent with wild rice. I tried cajun shrimp recipe at K.Paul's kitchen, New Orleans. and I just loved it and wanted to try it since then. This was a bit spicy and not all people like to eat very spicy food, so I have mentioned the modified recipe here. I had marinated the shrimp for 6-7 hrs and made this preparation 1 hr before the party.
Shrimp is an excellent source of protein,selinium and B12. It is a very good source of iron and phosphorous. 100 gms of boiled shrimp gives 99 kcal, 21 g protein, 195 mg of cholesterol,177 mg of EPA and 144 mg of DHA. ( EPA & DHA ) are good fatty acids. Because it contains cholesterol , many people tend to avoid it. But, it can be eaten in the moderate amounts to get other nutritional benefits.