Cluster beans - 350gms
Potato - 100gms
curry leaves - 7-8
onion - 1 med. chopped
ginger paste - 1 tsp
Goda masala - 1 Tbsp
green chilies - 3-4
(salt,turmeric,asafoetida or hing, mustard seeds, cumin seeds )
sugar - 1/2 tsp
* One can find Goda masala / black masala/ maharashtrian masala in the indian store.
1. Cut the cluster beans,onion and potatoes.
2. Boil the cluster beans and potatoes and drain it and keep some water maybe 1/2
to 1 cup.
3. Heat the oil in the pan. Put mustard and cumin seeds, asafoetida or hing.
4. then add curry leaves and green chillies and ginger paste. Then put the cooked cluster beans and potatoes.
5. Add salt, turmeric, Goda masala and sugar. Then add the remaining water and cook
till its get evaporated.
This simple veggie goes well with simple dal-rice. This is my mom's recipe and I just love it !!! Guvar contains Guvar gum which is 75% of dietary fibre. It is useful to fight against cholesterol and obesity.Contains Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese, Vitamin A, dietary fiber, folate, iron and potassium. and 1 cup of guvar contains only 44 Kcals.