wheat gnocchi - 2 cups boiled and cooked
Chicken( boneless)- 11/2 cup
Tomato puree - 2cups
Basil -20 fresh leaves
Sun dried tomatoes - 4-5
Oregano - 1/2 tsp ( opt.)
Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
Paprika -1 1/2 tsp
Garlic - 2 tsp
Red pepper flakes - 2 tsp
pepper- 1/2 tsp
Grated Parmesan cheese- 1TBsp
( Reduced fat )
Chopped parsley -
* Vegetarians can add broccoli and mushrooms instead chicken.
1. Boil and cook wheat gnocchi and drain it.
2. Cook chicken and cut into pieces . Vegetarians can cook Broccoli and mushrooms instead chicken
3. take tomatoes, basil leaves,sun dried tomatoes, paprika,garlic, oregano,salt and chopped onion in the grinder and grind it and make a puree.
4. Heat 2tsp oil in the pan and cook this puree and make a tomato basil sauce.
5. Now grease the baking pan add gnocchi or veggies then add this sauce on the top of it then sprinkle Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on that.
6. Bake in the preheated oven at 400 F for 10-12 Min's.
I always use to feel Italian is all loaded with cheese and extremely high calorie food. But one can modify it into healthy nutritious recipe. I have tried to make it comparatively nutritious with maintaining the taste. It was a very successful recipe.
Though we get ready made pasta sauces, The fresh tomatoes and basil add more nutrition and taste to the dish and also, we can reduce the amount of preservatives in our diet !!!
what gnocchi makes it comparatively high fibre,chicken and low fat cheese gives low fat and high protein source.Also we all know therapeutic value of basil.It has same properties as mint.It has antibacterial,anthelminitic ( antiworm)propeties. It gives aid to the digestive tract, useful in intestinal and kidney ailments.It has orientin and vicenin which has anti cancerous properties. Tomatoes contains phytoestrogen lycopene which has anticancerous and anticholesterol properties. Also parsley has a Nerve stimulant properties.