Okra is a warm weather crop which is very popular in south. This vegetable has an African origin.
It goes well with tomatoes, onion, garlic, seafood,chicken, rice, hot sauce, curry powder and a tangy touch of lemon, vinegar and tamarind.
100g Okra has 1.9 g Protein, 35 Kcal, 6.4g carbohydrates ,0.2g fat ,6.9mg sodium,
Nutritional benefits -
1. It has low calories.
2. It contains high moisture
3. It contains high fibre.
4. It has high sodium.
Health Benefits -
1. Because of its high fibre and moisture content it is good for constipation or irritable bowl
2. It is good for sodium deficiency.
3. Because of high fibre , moisture content with low calories it can be used in weight-loss diets.
Okra - 250 gms
Oil - 1 Tbsp.
( powdered ) - 1 Tbsp
Dry mango powder
( Amchur ) - 1tsp
Red chili powder - 11/2 tsp
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
Tomato - 1/2 ( opt.)
1. Mix Roasted and powdered peanuts,dry mango powder, red chili powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder, salt together in a bowl.
2 . Put a slit to okra and put the above mixture in it.
3. Add oil in a pan and heat it.
4. Put the okra and spices mixture in pan and and tamarind pulp.
5. Cook it for 12-15 minutes on a slow flame.