Eggplants (small )- 8-10
Onion - 1 Big
Ginger paste - 2 tsp
Sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Cilantro leaves - 1/2 bunch
Green chilies - 2-3
Kala /Goda masala - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds powder - 1Tbsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind pulp - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 Tbsp
1. Roast the peanuts , sesame seeds separately.
2. Put the cubed onion in the microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Except eggplants, tamarind pulp and oil , Grind all the ingredients in the grinder.Make a fine paste.
4. Heat the 2 tsp oil in the pan. and Roast this masala in the pan and cook it on a slow flame for 10- 12 mins. Then put the tamarind pulp to the masala.
5. Put the slits in the eggplants to stuff them with masala. Put them in the microwave for 8 minutes.
6. Now put the cooked masala in the half cooked eggplants.
7. Now put 1 tsp remaining oil in the pan and cook these stuffed eggplants .
Eggplant has a good amount of fiber 2.5 gm / 100 gms . Its also a very good source of B1, B6 and potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese,niacin and folic acid. Anthocyanin flavonoid in the eggplant skin is called nasunin which has anti-cancerous and cholesterol lowering properties. Phytonutrients present in it helps to prevent convulsions, also it has a diuretic properties. Substance present in the eggplant prevents the breakdown of the nerve transmitter acetyl choline.Therefore, consumption of the eggplant increases the secretion of the digestive juices and also increases the movements of the digestive tract.
Eggplant contains solanine,which in large amounts inhibits calcium absorption.