Cake mix - 1 packet
Oil - 1/3 cup
Egg - whites - 2
Cherry rum - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 Tbsp
Egg whites - 3
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 3Tbsp
Cream of tartar - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla essence - 3-4 drops
Canned cherries and chocolate chips
1 .Beat the egg, egg whites. Mix the oil , and cake mix well . Bake 2 cakes at 350 F for 30 minutes.
( Instructions are given on the packet. )
2. Cook the cream of tartar, water and sugar in a pan and then cool it for 5 mins . Then in another bowl take egg whites, a few drops of vanilla essence and mixture in the pan and then whip the mixture with hand blender till it reaches the frosting consistency.
( Cream of tartar helps to make the frosting airy and fluffy. )
3. Mix the rum and sugar . ( one can replace the sugar with sweetener )
4. Cut the cake into heart shape or any desired shape . Then slowly sprinkle ( rum + sugar) mixture on it.
5. Place the cake and spread some frosting over it and then place other cake over it. then again spread the frosting. ( One can use chocolate sauce ) on the second layer.
6. Decorate the cake with cherries and chocolate chips.
I have used 2 egg whites per whole egg to bake the cakes which saves extra calories and cholesterol from the whole eggs. Instead of using heavy whipping cream , I have prepared frosting made from egg whites which is low fat , no cholesterol and high protein.