Cucumber ( Grated ) - 2
Rice flour - 1 cup
Wheat flour - 1 cup
Semolina OR rawa - 1 tbsp
Curd - 1/2 cup
Green chilies - 3-4
Ginger - 1 tsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Amchur OR dry mango powder - 1/2tsp
1. Grate cucumber and then mix all the ingredients in the bowl.
2. Then add the water and make a pancake like consistency.Use semolina only if the coarsely ground rice flour is not available.
3. Grease the pan or put some oil in the pan and heat it .
4. Put these pancakes or pudalas.
5. Put a lid n let it cook for 2-3 mins and then turn it.
This is again one of my favorite recipe and nutritious too !!! Actually my neighbor use to make these n I use to love it. She taught me how to make these.
Fresh cucumer has a very high water content ( 95% ) and they are low in calories 15 kcal/ 100gm. They are fair source of iron, potassium, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Peeled cucumber have only the traces of Vitamin A. It is cool , refreshing, filling and not fattening.
Also, according to the practitioners of herbal medicine, the consumption of cucumber induces copious urination which helps the body to get rid of the excessive water. ( Foods & Nutrition Encyclopedia )